Thursday, November 10, 2011

Wool Socks, Long Underwear, Gloves and Beanie....

Yup, you guessed right. I am packing for my trip to Poland this weekend, and it is going to be COLD.

-Weekend forecast for San Diego, CA (where I go to college in America): Highs Fri 70 , Sat 62, Sun 62 degrees

-Weekend forecast for Vienna, Austria (where I am currently studying abroad): Highs of Fri 44,  Sat 47,  Sun 45 degrees

-Weekend forecast for Krakow, Poland (where I am visiting this weekend): Highs of Fri 38, Sat 42, Sun 39 degrees

As you can see, I am in no way, shape or form prepared for this cold that we are going to face and really don't know if I am even going to survive! (yes, I know that is quite dramatic). But I never ever imagined I would be able to visit Poland and this might end up being a once in a lifetime opportunity, so CARPE DIEM!!!

We (the three guys I am traveling with and myself) are leaving on a night train tonight at 10 PM from Vienna and arrive in Krakow, Poland tomorrow morning a little before 7 AM. This is my first time experiencing a night train and am hoping that having a bed will allow me to be able to actually sleep on the train. I am what I consider myself to be a "light" sleeper. The slightest hint of noise, light, vibration, change of air pressure, etc. and I am awake.

But regardless if I don't get enough sleep or if I can't feel my feet or hands the whole time, this weekend should still be an absolute blast. As of now, we only have two things planed: 1) watch the USA vs. France soccer game in a Pub on Friday night and 2) take a tour of Auschwitz all day Saturday. Besides that our schedule is wide open and I am sure we will find plenty of trouble, I mean fun, to get ourselves into.

Pictures and after thoughts to come early next week!!! Until then, Auf Wiedersehen!!!


here is an old picture from our first trip of the semester to Salzburg, Austria

2 comments:

  1. What a joy to be experiencing life like you are.
    YEAH Bumpus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post. Now you can use this exporter importer directory to promote bulk woolen garments accessories import & export business.

    ReplyDelete