Friday, October 7, 2011

Best Sites for Procrastination

Like many college students out there, I would say that I am a pretty accomplished procrastinator. Don't worry, I still get ALL of my work done on time, I just usually wait until the last day, or hour, to complete it. Blame it on the following sites (links included) for my procrastinating abilities:

StumbleUpon: www.stumbleupon.com The best way I can StumbleUpon is that it is a "discovery-engine"website that allows you to stumble from website to website based off your personal interests (sports, news, politics, art, etc) and other favorite websites. You can seriously spend hours stumblin along the world wide web.

Facebook: www.facebook.com If you don't know what Facebook is, then I don't know what to tell you!

Twitter: www.twitter.com A more efficient form of social-networking platform compared to Facebook. You only get 140 characters to explain yourself.

When Parents Text: www.whenparentstext.com This is my latest, and possibly greatest, website discovery. When Parents Text is exactly what it sounds like one would think it to be. The website is full of examples of what happens when parents text. I can't help but bust up laughing every time I visit When Parents Text. What makes this site so amazing is that I can definitely see my own parents texting me the same sort of stuff.

The Kollection Music Blog: www.thekollection.com This is the one and only website that I go for all of my music needs. As the Kollection website puts it best, " (Kollection) Started in June of 2010, The Kollection has quickly grown to become one of the largest leaders in discovering and sharing new music. From hip hop to dubstep, electro house to indie rock, The Kollection has no boundaries. Backed by an amazing team of writers and music fanatics, The Kollection is a genuine and distinct place to discover new music." I highly recommend visiting this site and checking it. Most of the artists are unsigned so you are actually allowed to download the newer songs from the website straight to your iTunes. I have already Kollected over 300 songs from the site and will continue to Kollect On.


Yahoo!Sports: www.yahoo.com/sports I will not try to deny the fact that I love me some sports, as most of you probably already know. Yahoo!Sports provides news and scores for just about any sport out there that is worth following (yes, even cricket). I use it to check up on the world of the NFL, MLB, and NHL. Plus, Yahoo!Sports has an amazing Fantasy Sports setup which I am a pretty active user of.

No comments:

Post a Comment