Saturday, October 8, 2011

Some of my Favorite Music from The Kollection

I have downloaded a little over 300 songs from The Kollection Music & Apparel Blog (mainly features hip-hop, remixes, and mash-ups) and felt like detailing my favorite artists and groups that I have discovered on the site. Please be warned that my musical selection is most likely nothing like yours. I have a very wide variety of music that I will listen with really only one qualification, my music must have the ability to make me want to tap my foot or shake my hips in any situation. So yea, this means I listen to anything from rock to country to hip-hop and beyond. With that being said, here are my favorite artists that I have Kollected.

First and foremost, the American hip-hop group The Dean's List  is by far the best group I have found on The Kollection. The following is their bio from their website: "THE DEAN'S LIST is a trio music group out of Boston, Massachusetts. Simply, they just do music. Sonny Shotz: (Boston, Massachusetts) is the rapper/songwriter of the group. He brings style, charisma, and wittiness to the table. His flexible ability as a rapper gives him a great balance with Mik Beats and Mendoza to create a wide variety of music. DJ Mendoza: (Boston, Massachusetts) is the more hip/hop-ish producer, and also handles all business behind The Dean's List. Having a wide influence of musical backgrounds, Mendoza creates a great balance producing each track. Mik Beats: (Edison, New Jersey) also handles the role of the more poppy side of the production as well as the mixing Engineer. Mik's knowledge of sound engineering gives each track a clear crisp sound."


Now I realize that some people aren't the biggest fan of my favorite single artist I have found on The Kollection, the American rapper Mac Miller. I first heard this kid on The Kollection probably close to a year ago and for the most part have been to jamming to every single song of his, minus a few here and there. Born in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania Mac is best know for his songs "Knock, Knock" "Donald Trump" and "Best Day Ever." He has come out with a couple mixtapes including The Jukebox: Prelude to Class Clown, K.I.D.S, Best Day Ever, and is planning on dropping his first ever album Blue Slide Park here in a couple of weeks on the 8th of November, 2011. To be honest, I think the main reason I started enjoying Mac's music was a result of the amazing music videos that come along with songs. Produced by Rex Arrow Records, Mac's music videos are some of the best I have ever come across.

Some of my other favorite groups and artists I have come across on The Kollection are Chiddy Bang (a group out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania that has a sound based on the fusion of hip hop and alternative using samples from artists such as Radiohead, Sufjan Stevens, Passion Pit, MGMT, and Yelle), Mashup-Germany (features some of the best mashups I have ever heard), Timeflies (Using elements of pop, hip-hop, electro, dubstep, and rock, the Timeflies duo aims to escape genre limitations), and Cam Meekins (who has some of the best combinations of lyrics and beats I have come across).

No comments:

Post a Comment