Wednesday, October 5, 2011

INSTAGRAM: The Best App Ever

If you have an iPhone, Ipad, or iTouch and have heard of the Instagram app then you are on top of your game. If you have not, you need to check this app out. I found this app several months ago and my appreciation for it has only increased as I am traveling through Europe. It is by far the best app I have ever come across in my four years of having an iPhone. I find some difficulty in trying to describe what Instagram truly is, I guess the best way to do is to say it is basically its own social network dependent on photo sharing. The app is not complex by any means which is way it is so appealing to so many people out there. You can be the most experienced Adobe Photoshop'er in the world or you can barely know how to work you Iphone and both be equally entertained.

The main concept is that one creates an account on Instagram that allows them to upload pictures to the app as they are or you have the option to EDIT the picture in Instagram. You can change the color tone, crop the photo, blur the edges, title etc before uploading to Instagram in order to help you create the best photo. The social network aspect comes in with the ability to FOLLOW and be FOLLOWED by other Instagram'ers. You can LOVE their pictures which is essentially the same as clicking LIKE a Facebook post. That is basically all their is to Instagram. Yes, it really is that simple. You can also connect your Instagram to your Facebook and Twitter accounts so your photos will automatically be published on your other social network sites.

Below are some examples of photos I have uploaded on my Instagram account, the first few I am able to show the before and after pictures which will help you better understand what Instagram is. Please note that I do not consider myself a "photographer" by any means...

Before

After

Before

After  
The following are just some of my favorite photos that I have uploaded to Instagram:





No comments:

Post a Comment